Saturday, 16 October 2021

🥰 UK Spouse, Partner, Fiancee visas


Why choose 1st 4Immigration?

- 12 years of experience, 1000s of successful cases
- Specialist in Financial Requirement £18,600
- We work with standard and fast Priority services
- We reply emails on same business day and assist clients worldwide via WhatsApp & Zoom

Options for my partner's UK visa: Spouse, Partner, Fiancee

- Fiancé/Fiancée visa is for 6 months with no right to work. You have to get married within 6 months and apply for a Spouse visa, which ca an be on 24-hour service. Spouse visa allows work. 

- Spouse visa allows working in the UK immediately. This is for married couples and also for civil partners who registered their relationship with the Register Office. If you/your partner are outside the UK, you can also use the Fiancee option to get married in the UK. A visa is for 30 months (2.5 years) but you get extra 3 months when applying outside the UK to give you more flexibility to plan the move to the UK.

- Unmarried Partner visa is similar to Spouse visa in terms of length and path for settlement. However, the qualifying condition is different. Instead of being married you need to have lived together for 2 years and being able to prove it. Alternatively, you can get married, or register a civil partnership, and get a Spouse visa.

Covid-19 concessions
There are several concessions, which you may be eligible for. Examples: your income was affected by Covid-19 disruptions or lockdowns, or you were on furlough. You couldn’t extend your visa on-time because you were ill or self-isolating. You spent more time abroad than planned because of travel restrictions. You can read about the most common situations here on our Blog.

Can I switch while visiting the UK?

Switching to a Spouse/Partner visa can only be done from a non-visitor visa, such as Student, Graduate, Youth Mobility Scheme and many others. If you are on a visitor status, you have to return to your country and apply from there. You may be able to switch, however, If you have exceptional circumstances. If the Government approves your visa, they will grant a visa in the 10-year route. 

Difference between 5 and 10-year routes

- 5-year route is a standard one, meaning you can qualify for permanent residency after 5 years in the UK. The 1st visa is for 30 months (2.5 years) if you apply inside the UK, such as when switching from a Student visa. Or for 33 months (2.5 years + 3 months) if you apply outside the UK. Then extension for further 2.5 years, then settlement.

- 10-year route is used when you have serious, exceptional circumstances why you cannot meet the requirements of the standard route. The 1st visa is again for 30 months (2.5 years), but you need further 3 visas until you can settle in the UK after 10 years. There may be better solutions, however, such as switching from the 10 to 5-year route or settling after 10 years on any visas. 

Financial Requirement £18,600?

It is the same for all options in the standard 5-year route. Can be income from employment or self-employment in the UK or abroad, savings, property income and other permitted sources (or combination). Savings amount is £62,500 and not £16,000 or £18,600 as it is often (wrongly) thought. We have a detailed page on Financial Requirement here. It is our speciality and we have unbeatable expertise!

What if I don't meet Financial Requirement £18,600?

If you are unable to meet the threshold now, we can help you to work out how and when you can. Very often, we see clients unable to meet it now, so we guide them to meet it in 6 or 12 months’ time. It may seem like a long wait but you will have a plan of exactly what to do and what to aim for. This is a safer way than ‘trying’, waiting for up to 3 months and having your visa refused (and visa fees lost). If your partner is a visa national, they would usually have to remain outside the UK during this time. If your partner is a non-visa national, they can visit the UK during this time before returning to their country to apply for a settlement visa. 

If you have serious exceptional circumstances why you cannot meet the £18,600 threshold, we will guide you on the application under 10-year route. This depends on your situation, and we approach each case individually. Book a consultation with a lawyer now. 

How can I legalise my stay if I don't have a valid UK visa?

If you do not have a valid visa in the UK, we will guide you on applying under 10-year route. Maybe you overstayed your past visa, came to the UK as a visitor and remained since, and would now like to obtain a legal status here. This includes situations if you were brought to the UK as a child and are now looking to regularise your stay as an adult. We will advise on your chances on success under the 10-year route, and if your application is successful, you could later switch to the 5-year route to speed up your path to settlement. Book a consultation now. 

What documents do I need?

By far the biggest challenge is to figure out what supporting evidence you need in your circumstances. When you engage our services, we make a list of documents that is tailored to your situation and cover Financial, English and the rest – all in one place!

When can I get British Citizenship?

A spouse or a registered civil partner of a UK citizen has to secure permanent residency after 5 years, then can apply for naturalisation. An unmarried partner has to wait for a year after permanent residency. 


1st 4Immigration is one of the most experienced UK immigration law companies, OISC - accredited at the highest Level 3. We have been in business for over 10 years, our OISC reference is 200800152, in which 2008 stands for the year accreditation. Office: Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN. 

Thursday, 7 October 2021

🚀 Get your visa fast!


Get a faster decision on your UK visa or settlement application. Can be as fast as in 5 working days or even 24 hours, for an additional Government fee. We at 1st 4Immigration don't charge extra fees for this because the documents and the visa rules remain the same - and we always work as fast as possible! The difference is the processing time by the UK authorities.

Eligible in-UK visa categories:

Spouse, Partner or a Parent of a UK citizen: switching from another visa (such as Student or Youth Mobility Scheme), extension, settlement Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Skilled Worker, Health and Care Worker and most other work visas: switching from another visa, extension, settlement.

Student visa.

Start-up, Innovator, Global Talent, Tier 1 Investor.

Ancestral visa.

Indefinite Leave on the basis of 10 years.

Categories only available on the Standard (slow) service:

British Citizenship

Hong Kong BNO visa

Complex cases

How does it work? Decision in 24 hours.

We advise on the visa requirements, prepare your case, complete application forms, upload your documents onto the Government system, book an appointment for biometrics and, generally, ‘hold your hand’ throughout the whole process. On the day of appointment, you submit biometrics (fingerprints) at your local facility, which is just for the biometrics and not handled by the visa officers. Then your case it considered electronically by the Government officials ‘behind the scenes’, they are not seen or talked to. They notify about the decision by the next working day.

How does it work? Decision in 5 working days.

It works in the same way as above but your decision comes in 5 working days.

Family applications outside the UK.

If you are in your country and applying to come to the UK as a spouse, partner, fiancée or a parent of a British citizen, there is a faster service too. It is not as fast as in-UK one, taking up to 30 working days. It is, however, still faster than standard consideration of 3 months.

Important! These services reduce the time the UK Government takes to consider your application. It does not change the eligibility rules or the documents you have to provide, such as Financial Requirement £18,600, English language, Skilled Worker salary rules and so on. It is, therefore, very important to have your documents in order and on time – this is where our expertise is vital!

To discuss more, please book an online or in-person consultation with a lawyer here

1st 4Immigration is one of the most experienced UK immigration law companies, OISC - accredited at the highest Level 3. We have been in business for over 10 years, our OISC reference is 200800152, in which 2008 stands for the year accreditation. Office: Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN.

#UKvisa, #Advicesession, #Consultation


Friday, 1 October 2021

5 common 🇬🇧visa questions about Covid

Here we have rounded up the updated information on the most commonly asked questions about UK visas that are related to Covid disruption, which can also be found here.

#1 I had to stay outside the UK during the pandemic, will my (longer than planned) absences affect my next application? 

If you left and returned on the same visa, and had to stay abroad because of Covid, your absences wouldn't normally affect your next application. If your visa expired while you were abroad, and you are wondering whether a break between visas will affect your 'continuous residence’. Such as when counting ‘your’ 5 years for Settlement (Indefinite Leave). The answer is: if your visa expired between 1 March 2020 and 19 July 2021, a break of up to 6 months will be accepted. 

#2 My income was reduced and/or I was on furlough, how can I meet the Financial Requirement for a Spouse/Partner or family visa in my next application?

If your salary has reduced because you were furloughed, you can use income as though you were earning 100% of your salary. If your income reduced due to Coronavirus up to 31 October 2021, the short answer is you can use employment income from the period immediately before the loss of income. For a more detailed advice, please book an advice sessions with our lawyers.

#3 My business had to stop trading, how does it affect my immigration status?

For a Spouse/Partner visa, if you are self-employed, a loss of annual income due to Coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 October 2021 can be disregarded. If you hold a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and your business was disrupted due to Covid, there are more flexible rules for Job Creation (ie not the usual ‘2 jobs for 12 months’), the furloughed workers are accepted, and also, a provision to extend your visa for another 2 years if you cannot meet the requirements for ‘normal’ extension or ILR. If you have a Start-up visa, you can request an extension for additional 12 months. For more details specific to your situation, please contact us.

#4 I submitted my application to switch to a Skilled Worker visa (or to change an employer), can I start this work while waiting for the decision? 

At the moment, you can only start your new job if you applied under the Health and Care Worker visa. If you are switching to a ’standard’ Skilled Worker visa, you would normally have to wait for the approval. Meanwhile, your status remains as on the previous visa. For example, if you asked to switched from a Student visa, your status remains Student until your Skilled Worker has been approved. Most Student visas allow to work full-time after the course ended, so, in this example, you could start a new job anyway. However, if you applied to change an employer, or change from a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, you’d have to wait for the decision. 

#5 I have overstayed my visa.

If your visa expired between 24 January 2020 and 31 August 2020 there will be no future adverse immigration consequences. However, if you have not applied to regularise your stay or submitted a request for an exceptional assurance you must make arrangements to leave the UK. Again, for an individual advice, please contact us.

1st 4Immigration is one of the most experienced UK immigration law companies, OISC - accredited at the highest Level 3. We have been in business for over 10 years, our OISC reference is 200800152, in which 2008 stands for the year accreditation. Office: Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN. 

Monday, 27 September 2021

🇫🇷 Fast Schengen visa for Christmas - often without biometrics - ACT NOW and secure your appointment!

France has eased restrictions on travel between the UK and France, meaning you can apply now for your travel to Europe for the festive period. In most cases, we can provide an appointment within 1-2 working days and it takes around 5-10 working days for the visa to be processed by the consulate for most nationals. Certain nationalities can take up to 15 calendar days.

The visa slots (appointments) are limited, therefore we would advise you to apply early so you don’t miss out.
Biometrics aren’t always needed!
If your previous Schengen visa was issued after July 2017 you may not need to attend biometric appointment. It means you can simply apply through us without travelling to London for biometrics. Just bring or send your documents to us and we’ll do the rest - quickly and efficiently. Saving you time, hassle and most importantly, money! 

Contact us now:
- Phone: 0871 472 1468

Multi Travel Visas team


Thursday, 23 September 2021

16 - 17 October 2021. Livestream OISC Training Course. 🎓


We provide online immigration training to current and prospective immigration professionals including immigration advisers, solicitors and HR workers.

We now offer OISC Level 1 course livestream on Zoom and Skype 16 - 17 October 2021.
It is a 2-day course, 10.00 - 16.00 with breaks. CPD 10 hours. Price £250+VAT. It is live training (livestream), where you can interact with the tutor and ask your questions. You can check the date and book here: Online OISC Level 1 Immigration training and CPD.
Main training topics:










You can read the full description and book here: Online Livestream Training Course. 16 - 17 October 2021.
We also continue to run our best-selling Self-study OISC Level 1 course, based on an electronic textbook. You can study in your own time, at your own pace, from any device at any place. CPD 16 hours. Price £199+VAT. You can find it here: Self-Study OISC Level 1.

Our courses are CPD-accredited by The CPD Standards Office, reference 80001.
1st 4Immigration is one of the most experienced UK immigration law companies, OISC - accredited at the highest Level 3. We have been in business for over 10 years, our OISC reference is 200800152, in which 2008 stands for the year accreditation. Office: Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN. 

Sunday, 19 September 2021

👩‍🎓 Study - 👩‍💻 Work - 🇬🇧 Settle in the UK

Overview of visa options that lead to Permanent Residency in the United Kingdom through studying and working.

Student visa (formerly called Tier 4) is to come and study in the UK. If you study at a degree level at a UK university, you can work part-time 20 hours a week during the term, full-time on vacation and full-time for 4 months after completion of the course. 

Study – Work – Settlement 

You can switch to the new Skilled Worker visa after completion of a degree course, or even within 3 months before that! There are benefits for employers to hire Student graduates – they can offer a New Entrant salary, which makes it more affordable for the employers and makes sponsorship more likely for the migrants. Employers are also exempt from Skills Charge (another Government fee) when sponsoring graduates. After 5 years on this visa you can qualify for settlement.

Study – Post Study Work Graduate route – Work – Settlement   

Exciting news from 1 July 2021 – return of a Post-Study Work visa!  We remember it from before 2012, and it has now been revived under the new name – Graduate route. It is available to graduates from UK universities, who have completed a degree course, ie minimum Bachelor level. It is a visa for 2 years (3 years for Doctoral students), allowing to work for any employer at any skill level without sponsorship, as well as to set up a business in the UK. In this scenario, you can come to study for a UK degree, then get a 2-year visa to look for work, then switch to the above – mentioned Skilled Worker visa. After 5 years – settlement. Post-Study Work visa won’t count towards settlement, so if you are able to find Sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa sooner, you could start ‘your’ 5 years sooner too. It is also a useful visa to buy time to complete 2 years of living together to qualify for an Unmarried Partner visa, which also leads to settlement. 

What’s next after Tier 4 or Student visa?
Options are a Skilled Worker visa (as above), revival of Post-Study Work visa for students graduating in the summer 2021 onwards (no details yet on whether it will apply to all graduates in all subjects). A Hong Kong BNO visa is available if you are a British National (Overseas) status holder. Also, a Talent visa for which you need a professional endorsement, which is in turn very limited as well as innovative business visas which are also based on endorsement. However, if you have a partner in the UK, you can switch to a Spouse/Partner visa and start your path to settlement in that route (instead of a work route).

Study – Stay with Partner – Settle

If you are about to complete your degree at a UK university and wish to remain with your British partner here, you can apply for a visa based on your relationship. As a Spouse or an Unmarried Partner, for the latter you need to have lived together for 2 years. If you cannot meet this rule now, you may consider getting a Post-Study Work visa first, which is for 2 years and allows to work, and then apply for a Partner visa. A new Graduate visa was launched in July 2021. It is a come back of the old Post Study Work visa.

10 years continuous residence in the UK

 If you have spent 10 years, continuously and legally, in the UK on any visas, you can qualify for settlement. Common paths include study at school, study at university, working, settlement after 10 years. It can even be just 10 years of studying because studies at a school level aren’t included in the cap. There are further requirements to meet, such as very strict limit on absences from the UK during this time, which can be (and often is) a dealbreaker, but even then, there may be a point where, with more extension, you can reach it soon!

Book a consultation

You can arrange online consultation with a UK Immigration Lawyer on this link.  We offer advice over WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, phone or email.

 1st 4Immigration is one of the most experienced UK immigration law companies, OISC - accredited at the highest Level 3. We have been in business for over 10 years, our OISC reference is 200800152, in which 2008 stands for the year accreditation. Office: Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN. 

Monday, 13 September 2021

👍 We are getting fantastic reviews on our Schengen visa services!

Innokenty: Not sure if those guys are from Hogwarts or something, but the way they operate is pure magic indeed! Very polite and quick to respond, impressively efficient communication. They helped me apply for a French Schengen visa, which got approved within one working day!

Andrea: Visa applications are tedious and stressful but Multi Travel Visas makes the process so easy and seamless. Sebastian and Andre always replied quickly, are courteous, and were very clear about what was required, removing the stress of applying. They also, in my case, went to the visa appointment for me and collated all documents for submission. I got the multi-entry visa in a week. I'd very much recommend them! 

Celine: My appointment for visa was cancelled due to covid so I decided to work with Multi Travel Visas. Everything was very efficient and Sebastian was so helpful. Thank you so much for the hard work and thank you for making everything so fast.

R F: Getting a visa is a pain. This company makes it significantly less of a pain. I hate applying for a schengen visa and if you can't get an appointment in time you have no option to pay for one of the third party companies such as Multi travel visas to get it for you (they have access to priority appointments). The bonus is that they really do take much of the hassle out of it for you and they're super quick to communicate and know all the ins and outs of the system. I'd thoroughly recommend giving Sebastian a call if you need a visa quickly. Thanks!

Fatou: I had a stressful experience with a tight deadline. Sebastian was super nice, responsive and proactive to help me get back my papers on time. Will definitely come back here when I need a visa again. 

Tiger: Great, fast and personal service. Very patient with all my questions and worries. 

All Multi Travel Visas Ltd Google review can be found here.

Founded in 2000 by Natalia and Wayne, Multi Travel Visas has come a long way from its beginnings in Somerset. When Natalia and Wayne first started out, their own experiences with visas drove them to start their own business to help people through the painful process of applying for visas.

Now we are one of the most highly regarded visa agency in the UK with a highly positive track records which is evident from our Google reviews.

We hope you enjoy our service as much as we enjoy offering them to you. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us:

- Phone: 0871 472 1468

- Email:

- Website Feedback:


Wednesday, 8 September 2021

Language Requirements for a UK Visa


The language requirements for a UK visa vary depending on the application you are making; and if it is a first, follow up, or “permanent” visa you are applying for. Carry on reading below to understand more about the language requirements for a UK visa, common misconceptions, as well as differences between family and work visas.

Confused about which level you need?

There is a lot of confusion about the required English level when applying for a visa to enter the UK. Should it be A1 or B1, or perhaps it’s in the middle with A2? Firstly it is important to understand different visas need different levels; many wrongly believe all are set at the intermediate level of B1. In fact the requirements for a Family visa is different to a Work visa. Some of confusion comes from the 2 meanings of the term ’settlement’, so let’s provide some clarity.

When you are applying inside the UK, the term ’settlement’ means a permanent residency status, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain. For this you do indeed need a B1 level. However, when applying outside the UK, the term ’settlement’ refers to a visa type. This will lead (eventually) to settlement in the UK in the future. A settlement-type visa, as opposed to temporary visas like a visitor. So, at the initial Spouse/Partner visa stage, a settlement-type visa, you only need a basic A1 level of English.

Family visa and Work visa – what are the language requirements for a UK visa?

UK Family visas

There are several family visa categories, such as Spouse, Fiancée, Unmarried Partner as well as a Parent visa and they all have one thing in common – they all have a minimum language requirement. For your first UK visa application, UK Immigration Rules require an approved English test at A1 level or above. Level A1 is the most basic level, based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale. For UK Family visas only speaking and listening components are needed , yet they can be the hardest! 

After the initial visa (which lasts 2½ years) the next step is an extension, and this time the English language requirement level is higher at A2. Finally, when the time comes for settlement after 5 years in the UK, the level is B1. This status is known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Level B1 also applies to those wishing to apply for British Citizenship. Fortunately there is no need to pass another B1 test if you have done so at the settlement stage. This means that you can reuse your language certification throughout your application processes.  

UK Work visas

For a Skilled Worker visa, including the sub-category of Health and Care Worker visas, the English language requirement is set at the level B1 in all 4 components, so including speaking, reading, writing and listening. The same level applies across all applications, from the initial visa stage, to extension, settlement and finally to British Citizenship. As with family visas, you can use the same evidence of for your subsequent applications. For the test to be recognised it must be considered an approved test; a list of centres / testing options is available at the Home Office Test Centres.  

Help with UK visa applications:

1st 4Immigration Ltd is a prominent immigration law company, based in London, United Kingdom that has been in business for over 12 years. Regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) at the highest level (3), ref number F200800152; where 2008 stands for the year of accreditation. 1st 4Immigration lawyers advise on UK Immigration Rules, help with visas and British Citizenship applications , and also provide training to immigration lawyers. 

The company was selected to take part in TV documentary Who Should Get to Stay in the UK? – being specialists in both family and work visas. They help with entry visas for partners of UK citizens if you are returning to the UK together or sponsoring your spouse/partner or fiancee to join you here. As immigration entrepreneurs, they have a rare combination of business and legal experience, making them leading experts in UK Work and Business visas. 1st 4Immigration also helps to extend your stay once you are in the UK, apply for settlement and British Citizenship. 

Help with learning English to the required level:

BiCortex Languages offers group and private classes for adults and children, either online / virtually or face to face. They can provide teachers experienced with exam preparation to help you meet the English language requirement for a UK visa.

Article written by Natalia Andrews