If I were UK Home Secretary ....

If I were Theresa May I would bring back highly-skilled Tier 1 General visa category tomorrow with immediate effect (well, maybe with some notice to allow for orderly queues at Embassies abroad). I would lower passmark back to 75 for initial entrants and make earnings points lower, like they were before April 2010. However, I would add something in my opinion useful, such as extra points for someone working in an occupation on UK Shortage Occupation List, I mean actually having worked and not 'having a qualification'. I am very concerned that we would not have enough people who have skills, ambition, hunger for money/success and are willing to work, such as Indian IT consultants or Chinese finance professionals, also teachers and doctors, where would we be now without them? Ms May, if you are reading this - please bring back Tier 1 General/HSMP!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated May 2020: UK visa work continues - latest update

How long can a visitor stay in the UK? 6 months from each entry? In a year? In a calendar year?

💸 10 common mistakes when meeting the Financial Requirement £18,600 for a UK Spouse visa